Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hot & Sweet Drumsticks


A friend of mine showed me this recipe a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to try it. Im going to be serving with steamed white rice and a wilted spinach salad (recipe will be on the next entry)

Hot and Sweet Drumsticks

Yield 6 servings

Ingredients

1 Cup Apricot Preserves
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
2 teaspoons Hot Pepper Sauce
3 Lbs. Drumsticks (about 12)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350*. In a small saucepan, combine preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. 
  2. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted.
  3. Arrange drumsticks in a single layer on a 13 x 9″ baking pan. Pour sauce over drumsticks, turning to coat. 
  4. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning sauce over drumsticks while baking.
Note: to make gluten free, be sure to use gluten free soy sauce
_________________
Review --

When making the sauce I used ground red cayenne pepper (1 1/2 tsp) and I didnt like the tomato-ish taste so since it was essentially a bbq sauce I added about 2tsp of clover honey and 2 Tbsp of light brown sugar. made it MUCH better, in my opinion.

Once the chicken cooked the tomato flavor came back, so I really dont know how to rate this one. I did eat it just fine, but my husband and kids did not, they scraped the glaze off.

Needless to say -- we wont be doing this one again. Would be a great recipe for some though.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment