Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sizzled Citrus Shrimp

My husband has been asking me to make Citrus Shrimp for a bit now so I found this recipe and it looks pretty good, so I think Im going to try it tonight, but I need to buy more EVOO(extra virgin olive oil), bay leaf and parsley as I seem to be completely out. (used the last of my olive oil last night).

This appears to be a dish that you can either make as a main course or an appetizer. I think we're going to either have surf and turf tonight or I'll be making Alton Browns Mojo Moulies.

Sizzled Citrus Shrimp

4 servings, about 3/4 cup each

Ingredients
Marinade and shrimp

3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons dry white wine
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound medium shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined

Sauce
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

  1. Combine lemon juice, wine, 2 teaspoons oil and garlic in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. 
  2. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Drain well, reserving marinade.
  3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until barely pink, about 30 seconds per side; transfer to a plate. 
  4. Add bay leaf, crushed red pepper and the reserved marinade to the pan; simmer for 4 minutes. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan; heat through. Season with salt, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.

Nutrition
Per serving: 171 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 172 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 315 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.

_________

Review--

SO good, a bit spicy but very delicious!! I will be adding this one to my list of favorites!
the citrus gives it kind of a tangy taste and the pepper gives it a kick. watch out though, if you get a seed on your tongue this dish goes from a low-med heat to a med-high heat very quickly!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment