Friday, June 18, 2010

Herbed Rack of Lamb


So I still have a rack of lamb sitting in the back of my fridge and figured what better time to use it than fathers day weekend, especially since its still good til monday.
So I searched around and found this one that looks and sounds delish. we'll see how it goes.

Herbed Rack of Lamb

Yields 2 servings

Ingredients:
1 rack of lamb, trimmed (6 ribs)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped spring onions
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 ounce melted butter (1 Tbsp)
salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 ounce butter (extra) (1 Tbsp)

Directions:
  1. Combine parsley, spring onions, garlic, rosemary, breadcrumbs and melted butter in a bowl.
  2. Sprinkle the rack of lamb with salt and pepper.
  3. Melt the extra butter in a pan and brown lamb evenly all over.
  4. Cover lamb with the herb mixture and place in a baking dish.
  5. Bake at 425F degrees for 15-20 minutes (lamb should be quite pink)
  6. Remove and keep warm for 10 minutes
  7. Slice into individual chops.
  8. Serve with pan juices.

__________
review:
I liked it... well I *mostly* liked it, I added more salt on the breading just before putting it in the oven as the breading has no salt in it. Then after tasting it I added another bit of salt. It could be that used sea salt for my salt and ground it as I used it, or because I use unsalted butter. not sure which.

The breading is good, but it certainly didn't stick to my lamb, I ended up putting the bread crumb mixture on the lamb as it was setting in my pan for cooking. Also the breading that falls off of the lamb and browns, gets a burnt flavor to it even though its not burnt.

I had no pan juices to serve with, but it wasn't lacking either way.
click links below for pictures

breading on ready for oven

out of oven after resting (notice, minimal pan juices)

finished product, when the recipe says "very pink" it means VERY PINK

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment