Monday, November 15, 2010

Brown Sugar Glazed Baby Carrots


Tonight I was lost on what kind of vegetable to make for dinner as I was going through my fridge I found some baby carrots. I buy these carrots, that are essentially big carrots whittled down to fit children's hands, so that my kids can have a quick easy after school snack with just the addition of peanut butter (try it, you'd be surprised how good it tastes) or a salad dressing of choice.  I had about half a bag of them left so I dumped them into a little sauce pan, added some water, dumped in some brown sugar and a few grinds of sea salt and black pepper and let it set while I got the rest of the things ready for dinner.  Once everything was about to be ready within the next 30 min I turned them on.  When dinner was ready so were they and the kids LOVED them, wish I had more of them to cook!

Brown Sugar Glazed Baby Carrots

Ingredients
1 bag Baby Carrots (16oz size)
1-2 Tbsp Butter
1 cup water
1/3 -1/2 cup brown sugar (or more to taste)
ground salt & pepper to taste (I prefer sea salt and to freshly grind my pepper for a more full flavor)

Directions
  1. Put all ingredients into a sauce pan, stir to combine.
  2. Cook on high heat until boiling then reduce to medium heat and continue cooking uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until carrots become tender.
I had left over liquids that could be easily used to sauce up some of your other foods... such as a ham.. mmm ham..

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment