Thursday, January 19, 2012

Glazed Pork Chops

My husband told me the other day that he wanted to try a new recipe for pork chops.  So while digging through the 30 million different options on Pinterest I found these.  They looked delicious and promised to be ready after only 10 min on the stove and 5 min in the oven.  The recipe sounded simple enough that I could quickly whip them up even on a night where I was loaded down with homework, so I pinned it and waited for tonight.  While reading the recipe I quickly realized my pork chops were HUGE compared to hers so I doubled the glaze recipe, so glad I did, it made it so there was enough rendered juices to not only pour over the finished product but to dip bread into as well.  Because my chops were so much bigger, the cooking time was of course longer, but I really didnt mind the wait as it was more than worth it.

Glazed Pork Chops

Ingredients
4 thick cut pork chops
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350*f. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine the brown sugar and spices (salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and garlic powder or whatever spice blend you like).
  2. Remove the pork chops from their package and rub the brown sugar/spice mix all over both sides. Use all of the spice mix. 
  3. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. When the oil is nice and hot (it will look wavy in the pan), add the pork chops. Cook the chops for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned. 
  4. If you are using an oven safe skillet, place the skillet in the oven for an additional 5 minutes to make sure they are cooked through. If your skillet is not oven safe (most plastic handled skillets and teflon are not safe in the oven), transfer the chops to a baking sheet lined with foil then place in the oven. 
  5. Remove the chops from the oven and drag each side around in the thick glaze that has formed around the chops in the pan prior to serving. 

Spice rub on, and just in the pan












Browned












just out of oven



















Finished with pan sauces

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment