Saturday, January 7, 2012

S'more hot cocoa


So I LOVE S'mores, and I LOVE hot cocoa, but today I found myself craving S'mores hot cocoa.  I looked around my house and found that while I was out of my dark hot cocoa mix, my husband did have some pre-made stuff handy. (He found out Coldstone makes hot cocoa and had to try it).  So I quickly threw together a cup of hot cocoa, toasted some yummy marshmallows and added a gram cracker to it, which my husband used to dunk in his hot cocoa and spoon out toasted marshmallows from his drink.  He currently is asking me for seconds, I think this one may just end up a family hit. ^.^

S'more Hot Cocoa

Ingredients
1 packet cocoa mix (or your homemade mix)
milk or water according to your cocoa mix recipe
1 handful of mini marshmallows
1-2 gram cracker squares

Directions:
  1. make hot cocoa according to mix directions
  2. pour mini marshmallows on top 
  3. toast marshmallows with a food torch (or one of those butane filled flexible lighters, they use the same fuel oddly enough)
  4. garnish with gram cracker

Garnishing option: dampen rim of cup with water and dip into gram cracker crumbs


Make hot cocoa


pour mini marshmallows on top
Toast marshmallows with torch
Top with graham crackers and enjoy

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment