Sunday, June 3, 2012

Milk and Cookies (Ice Cream Sandwich)


Everyone loves milk and cookies or is that just me? No, I'm sure it's everyone.
Last week when I was making the milk and honey ice cream a local store had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies on sale for $5 for like 4 dozen cookies.  Giving in I bought them and kept telling myself that I was going to make ice cream sandwiches out of them with some milk ice cream.  Yeah, that didn't happen, I ended up eating the whole thing. Bad Marvel! I know. o.o; My self-regulation goes out the window when I'm stressed, and I was really stressing that report last week.  Rightfully so as it turns out, when I asked my teacher for help, she re-arranged the whole thing, and I only had hours before I had to turn it in!  Luckily I only need the next 2-3 pages of the report by Wednesday... and the remaining 2-3 pages are due the following Wednesday in lieu of a final.
Anyways, since I still want milk and cookies ice cream in sandwich form I made cookies and ice cream today and decided to try it. YUM!!
The milk ice cream complements the cookies, sort of like a cold glass of milk does when you're eating cookies. mmmm... I think I may just go have another... I have no shame..

I popped my cookies in the freezer for about 3 minutes after they were fully cooled so that they wouldn't melt my ice cream, but would still be soft enough to bite into.

Milk and Cookies (Ice Cream Sandwich)

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
Cookies

Directions:
Combine cornstarch and heavy cream in a small bowl and whisk to combine.

Combine the milk and sugar together in a saucepan and warm over medium heat.  Remove from heat and slowly pour cornstarch slurry into the milk mixture, whisking to combine.

Return pan to medium heat and warm until the mixture begins to boil.  Remove from heat and continue to stir for a few minutes. Pour the mixture into a bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to release the steam. Refrigerate for several hours, until well chilled.

Once chilled, pour ice cream base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

Freeze until mostly firm, at least 2 hours.  Sandwich milk ice cream between two cookies.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment