Monday, March 25, 2013

Crustless Apple Quiche

In the fall we made a lot of quiches because they were quick to put together and were pretty filling. In that mix was one that I had found that called for apples, I was unsure at first, but my kids sure loved it, my son had thirds! My husband however was not so thrilled about the sweet and savory mixture, so it really is a matter of taste.


 Crustless Apple Quiche

Ingredients

1/2 lb pork sausage
1-1/2 cups apples, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup biscuit mix

Directions

Cook sausage until browned, drain well. Set aside.
Combine apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, cheese and sausage in a mixing bowl. Spoon into a 9 inch pan.
Combine eggs, half and half and biscuit mix. Mix well, pour over apple mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment