Friday, June 21, 2013

Watermelon Sangria



Lets be honest, I LOVE a good Sangria.
However, since my gall bladder removal drinking alcohol just isn't the same.  Now days my tolerance is severely reduced, my recovery time is greatly lengthened, and that's just the immediate side effects. Needless to say, I've been avoiding a lot of drinks that contain alcohol as of late, not that I drank much to begin with, but you get my point.
Sangria is one of those drinks that doesn't taste or feel like you're drinking alcohol, which is one of its attractions, and draw backs.  So, as part of my summer drink series, I am going to supply you guys with both the virgin and regular versions of this drink.

Watermelon Sangria

Ingredients

2 cups watermelon for juicing plus some for garnish, cubed or balled
2 limes
4 ounces lemon lime soda, or 2 ounces simple syrup
1 bottle of sweet white wine
4 ounces triple sec, optional
6 ounces vodka, optional
strawberries for garnish
ice

Directions
Juice one lime, set aside.
Puree 2 cups of watermelon, strain reserving juice, discard pulp.
In a large pitcher mix together watermelon and lemon juice. Stir in ice, white wine, triple sec, vodka and soda.
Garnish with watermelon, lime wedges and sliced strawberries.
Enjoy.

Watermelon Sangria (Virgin)

Ingredients

2 cups watermelon for juicing plus some for garnish, cubed or balled
2 limes
2 liter lemon lime soda (for sweeter recipe)
or 2 liters club soda and 2-4 ounces simple syrup (for less sweet recipe)
Strawberries for garnish
ice

Directions

Same as above, except omit alcohol.
If desired, lemonade can be used instead of soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment