Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bananas Foster over Sweet French Toast



I LOVE bananas foster, however I don't get many chances to make it in my day to day life, which is why I decided to share this little treat with my kiddos.  My son asked for our new favorite Brinner (breakfast for dinner) which was my Carmel Bacon Stuffed French Toast, but having had that every two weeks for the past month, I thought it was time for a change so I paired my sweet french toast with bananas foster.  This brinner is sure to become a new family favorite.

Bananas Foster


2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 - 1/2 cup dark rum
3 bananas, peeled

In a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and rum, stir together. Add cream and continue cooking until smooth and bubbly, around 4-6 minutes. slice and stir in bananas, cook while gently swirling skillet, until bananas are just warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.

Note: if you want a fiery display, wait to add rum until you've added the bananas, carefully with a long handled lighter set on fire. Flames should put themselves out in less than a minute.


Sweet French Toast


Ingredients
8 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 slices bread
1/4 cup milk
6 tsp sugar

Directions
In a shallow dish, beat egg, sugar, milk and vanilla well.
Heat griddle or pan on medium heat. Coat with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Soak each side of bread in egg mixture until wet, but not soggy, about 10-20 seconds a side.
Grill each side until golden brown.
Remove from heat. Serve, top as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment